Facts about Transistors Jacksonville FL
The transistor was invented in December 1947 at Bell Labs by John Bardeen, Walter Brattain, and William Shockley. Read on to know more about transistors.
Jax Telefix Incorporated(904) 354-1607
323 Union St E
Seaboard Tv & Electronics(904) 743-3477
1312 Cesery Blvd
A1 Electronics Service(904) 346-1100
20 Donner Road
Atlantic Beach, FL
Atlantic Beach, FL
Sams Television & Electronic(904) 461-5255
5501 Beach Blvd
Ready Appliance Parts & Repair(904) 768-2617
2261 Edgewood Ave W Ste 15
Coastal Audio-Visual(904) 396-4228
1428 San Marco Blvd
Rahn's Industrial Electronics(904) 786-9229
5400 Verna Blvd
Marvin's Electronics(904) 384-2514
933 Edgewood Ave S
Logsdon Tv Sales & Service(904) 743-3800
1547 Cesery Ter
A-Home Electronics(904) 724-3181
6630 Beach Blvd Ste 4
Facts about Transistors
Source: PRO AV Magazine
Publication date: February 1, 2008
By ProAV Staff
- The transistor was invented in December 1947 at Bell Labs by John Bardeen, Walter Brattain, and William Shockley.
- Bardeen, Brattain, and Shockley won the Nobel Prize for Chemistry in 1956 for inventing the transistor.
- The word transistor is a combination of “transconductance” (transfer of a charge) and “variable resistor” or “varistor.”
- Early transistors were used to amplify audio signals.
- The first commercial device to use the transistor was the Sonotone 1010 hearing aid.
- The first transistor radio went on the market in 1954 and had only four transistors.
- Gordon Moore, cofounder of Intel, predicted that the number of transistors on a chip would double about every two years. This is known as Moore's Law.
- A transistor is like a miniature on-off switch that allows a computer to process information.
- A computer can't operate without an integrated circuit (chip), and a chip can't operate without a transistor.
- Transistors have shrunk in size with a factor of 222 since the first Intel 4004 chip was introduced in 1971.
- The first Intel computer chip had 2,300 transistors, while the latest one has 820 million.
SOURCE: INTEL CORP.
Click here to read full article from Pro AV Magazine